Director of Materials Control
JOB TITLE: Director of Materials Control
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: The Director of Materials Control will oversee the activities of the purchasing department and inventory control, purchasing supplies and materials at the optimal price and delivery cycle while maintaining the lowest possible inventory levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements purchasing department and inventory control procedures and sequences of operation within department to optimize work flow.
- Analyzes market, price, delivery conditions and trends to determine present and future material availability. Directs purchasing programs accordingly.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives that provide world-class materials performance to the organization.
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Oversees disposal of surplus material or scrap products.
- Evaluate inventory trends and discuss variations with appropriate staff members.
- Identify and develop strategic suppliers/partnerships to support Eagle Crusher’s business goals, and work with suppliers when variations arise in delivery, quality, price or conditions of sale.
- Proactively lead the materials team to continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Manage all departmental functions to achieve goals and objectives.
- Fully embrace Eagle Crusher’s quality system and needs to identify opportunities and drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with parts sales manager and unit sales manager to support customer demand.
- Performs any related duties as required or assigned to ensure efficiency of the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, or other related discipline.
- At least seven (7) years progressive experience in management of materials and sourcing within a manufacturing environment.
- Background in Engineering and mechanical efficiency a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience required, with strong leadership skills to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed expectations.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate solid verbal and written communication skills, professional ethics, tact and courtesy dealing with vendors.
- Strong negotiating skills required.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally (less than 10%).Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Knowledge of customs and importing is a plus.
- APICS certification a plus.