JOB TITLE: Purchasing Clerk
REPORTS TO: Director of Materials Control
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: The Purchasing Clerk is responsible for purchasing goods and services such as raw material, equipment, tools, parts and supplies for the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Establish a Purchasing Buy List spreadsheet for each production unit using requirements calculator in ERP.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
- Process daily procurement requirements into purchase orders.
- Oversee inventory and delivery accuracy.
- Work with the Accounting Department regarding payment requirements for vendors.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers and set-up new suppliers.
- Prepare reports and updates as required.
- Enter new item part numbers as requested.
- Performs any related duties as required or assigned to ensure efficiency of the Company.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) or more years of experience as a purchasing clerk or related position working closely with suppliers.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate solid verbal and written communication skills, professional ethics, tact and courtesy dealing with vendors.
- Efficient organization and time-management skills required.