Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager – West Coast
The selected Regional Sales Manager for the West Coast will be responsible for managing equipment sales (both direct to end user and through authorized distribution), developing new markets, strengthening our dealer organization and developing and implementing market strategies. This position reports to the VP Sales and Marketing. Required travel is at least in the 50 – 60% range and may occasionally include some international travel.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage dealer/distributor networks in assigned territories.
- Accomplish successful direct sales in assigned non-dealer territories.
- Develop, manage and grow sales revenue via the dealer/distributor network.
- Determine appropriate products for use and work with customers and engineering advisors to create product strategy.
- Define the primary channels to market through analysis of key customers and the characteristics of their buying decisions.
- Monitor the establishment, development and enhancement of customer relations.
- Direct ongoing training and support to distributor personnel regarding the company’s products and applications.
- Demonstrate the following accountabilities: leadership, communication, mentoring, empowerment and resource management.
- Prepare carious reports, forms, lists, field reports and documents for maintenance of records and to measure sales performance.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the VP Sales & Marketing
Ideal Candidates’ Qualifications and Experience
Preference given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and at least five years selling experience in the processing industry capital equipment world. There is also a strong preference for an individual who has worked for a privately held company. Although, not a requirement, bi-lingual ability is a true positive for this position and may result in additional sales responsibilities (and commission opportunities) in Central America. We are looking for a dynamic self-starter; someone that can lead by example and demonstrate flexibility and innovation. The ideal candidate will have a history of creativity, high energy and a demonstrated ability to maximize customer calls within the assigned territory.
Depending upon the candidate’s experience and contact history, there may be a requirement to live within a specific portion of the assigned territory. Trips to sales meetings, etc at our Ohio offices will be likely between two and four times annually.
This business is a leader in the design and manufacturing of rock, mineral, recycled asphalt and concrete crushing equipment. We are privately held, third generation owned manufacturing company located in Central Ohio. We offer strengths such as brand recognition, industry leading resale values as well as superior aftermarket service and unparalleled customer satisfaction.