Technical Documentation Engineer
JOB TITLE: Technical Documentation Engineer
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Engineering
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: The Technical Documentation Engineer will provide support for all aspects of Engineering documentation including change management, product release and product specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the engineering department and write manuals to instruct operators on equipment safety, set-up, start-up and maintenance.
- Photograph and document safe practices, set-up, start-up and field installation.
- Work with engineering drawings to create parts books to aid the operator’s in identifying parts, identifying assemblies and ordering parts.
- Responsible for the accuracy of manuals.
- Monitors status of project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule.
- Confers with engineers, customers, and others to discuss project and prepare documents.
- Fully embrace Eagle Crusher’s quality system and needs to identify opportunities and drive continuous improvement.
- Performs any related duties as required or assigned to ensure efficiency of the Company.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Two-year degree in technical field (drafting, engineering technician) or equivalent preferred.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in engineering documentation within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Experience using Adobe, AutoCAD and CorelDRAW strongly desired.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of change control systems, material requirements planning, data processing techniques, and drafting standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.